Nepal is a small landlocked country located in South Asia, nestled between India and China. It may not be the first place that comes to mind when planning a vacation, but this hidden gem has a lot to offer for travelers. From stunning natural beauty and rich cultural traditions to exciting adventure activities, here are 10 reasons why Nepal should be your next travel destination.
1. The natural beauty is breathtaking. Nepal is home to the Himalayas, the highest mountain range in the world, and the country is dotted with beautiful national parks and wildlife reserves. From the lush forests of the Annapurna region to the snowy peaks of the Himalayas, there are breathtaking vistas around every corner.
2. The cultural experiences are rich and authentic. Nepal is a country with a rich cultural heritage, and travelers can experience this firsthand through visits to ancient temples and monasteries, traditional villages, and cultural festivals.
3. The adventure activities are endless. Whether you’re an experienced trekker or just looking to try something new, Nepal has something for every level of adventurer. From trekking and rafting to rock climbing and paragliding, there are endless opportunities to get your adrenaline pumping.
4. The food is delicious and diverse. Nepali cuisine is a delicious blend of Indian, Tibetan, and Chinese influences, and travelers can enjoy a wide variety of dishes, from spicy curries to savory dumplings.
5. The people are friendly and welcoming. Nepal is known for its warm and hospitable people, and travelers will often be greeted with smiles and kindness wherever they go.
6. The cost of living is low. Nepal is a relatively inexpensive destination, and travelers can stretch their budget further here compared to more expensive destinations.
7. The travel infrastructure is improving. While Nepal is still a developing country, the travel infrastructure has improved significantly in recent years, making it easier for travelers to get around and find accommodations.
8. The spiritual experiences are unparalleled. Nepal is home to numerous holy sites and spiritual centers, including the birthplace of Buddha in Lumbini and the Pashupatinath Temple in Kathmandu.
9. The wildlife spotting is excellent. Nepal is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including endangered species like the Bengal tiger and one-horned rhinoceros. Visitors can spot these and other animals on wildlife safaris or in national parks.
10. The flights are affordable. Nepal is relatively easy to reach from many major cities around the world, and flights to Kathmandu are often affordable.
Overall, Nepal is a destination that has something for everyone. From the natural beauty and rich culture to the adventure activities and delicious food, it is a place that should definitely be on your travel radar.
Volunteer Work In Nepal
Volunteer Society Nepal Volunteer Programs offer a unique opportunity for interested individuals, couples, groups and organisations to make a contribution to Nepali society. Volunteers simultaneously experience the rich culture, natural splendour and daily life of Nepal, one of the most beautiful countries of the world.
The degree to which volunteers contribute to Nepali communities varies according to motivation and personal capacity; however, no experience is necessary and Volunteer Society Nepal strongly encourages all applicants. In fact, we only have two requirements for our volunteers: (1) a positive outlook and (2) a strong desire to help improve Nepal. All volunteers will enjoy a unique opportunity for travel, adventure and exploration (both geographical and self-exploration). Every year, a large number of international volunteers join the Volunteer Society Nepal Volunteers Program and return home with everlasting memories.
The mission and objective of the Volunteer Society Nepal Volunteer Program is to encourage and invite International/ National volunteers to contribute to community development, education development and health and environmental activities of theNepali people. In addition, we intend to enhance the feeling of voluntary, global brotherhood among the people.
Our program promotes the opportunity for individuals to build international links and mutual friendship, through a global partnership. It is our belief that through hard-work and positive thinking, we can all help to improve cultural tolerance and encourage world peace. Volunteers will experience life in Nepal first-hand, working alongside Nepali people to help support local communities in Nepal. In this way, volunteers will make a meaningful contribution to a disadvantaged segment of the world community, while participating in a cultural exchange with local people who will ultimately be responsible for sustainable development.
Voluntary work in Nepal can be an extremely rewarding and life-changing experience. Upon arrival, and throughout their stay, volunteers will receive a warm welcome from the Nepali people, who are famous for their honesty and hospitality.
Volunteers will live and work in one of the world’s most diverse countries, with geography that ranges from the peak of the Himalaya to the tropical heat of the flat Terai; from the chaos of Kathmandu to the tranquility of rural villages.
|Volunteer Society Nepal, in conjunction with many local Nepali people, has created an environment from which volunteers will benefit strongly by:
|Making a great contribution to the ongoing development process of Nepal
|Developing work experience in a marginal society and third world country
|Developing their personal and life skills
|Developing a strong understanding of the Nepali people, their language, and their various cultureEnjoying such opportunities as taking part in local festivals, weddings, farming, and visiting different areas in local villagesEnjoying the spectacular natural beauty and landscapes of Nepal
The Volunteer Society Nepal Volunteer Program aims to assist the sustainable development of under-developed Nepali communities, through projects aimed at children, youth and women. Programs are co-ordinated through rural government schools and community-based programs, with community-based programs often initiated with the help of Real Journey, volunteers and local community members.
The Volunteer Program achieves its aim by initiating and/or assisting with sustainable community-based project development, concentrating on raising local awareness of fundamental social issues, including education, health and sanitation and conservation.
The process of community development is slow in Nepal, despite the efforts of the government and rural NGOs. This fact makes the need for motivated volunteers even greater. Few villages in Nepal have basic sanitation facilities, resulting in widespread basic health problems, such as malnutrition and the spread of water-borne diseases. Thus, volunteers play a key role in increasing the ability of communities to address these issues.
Volunteers participate in creating sustainable community groups, such as youth groups, student groups and women’s groups, and will work very closely with partner NGOs, who are already working in the field on specific issues, utilizing their expertise and experience.
Volunteering abroad Nepal is also an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth and development, and can provide a sense of individual freedom. Volunteering in Nepal, especially in rural Nepal, can be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Volunteering in Nepal is fun, personally challenging and adventurous, but throughout your placement you will enjoy the support of our highly experienced staff at VSN, who are dedicated to ensuring the well-being of all volunteers.
Volunteer Society Nepal offers following programs
Volunteer Society Nepal not only offers the most popular and wide range of hiking in Nepal, trekking in Nepal, peak climbing in Nepal, mountaineering in Nepal, kayaking in Nepal, rafting in Nepal, and various tour programs but also volunteering programs in Nepal such as working in teaching, health volunteering programs, volunteering with women volunteering at monastery etc. The natural beauty and attraction of the geographical and cultural landscape enhance any activity you wish to pursue. Whether you climb to the top of the world, ride an elephant in the jungle, raft on the wild rivers, or simply volunteer at a school or child care center, the warmth and generosity of the Nepali people makes every experience rich, fulfilling and delightful.